Week 1 Summary

This first week was a great success. I’m already on the step of sanding my whole boat down. The first few days of senior project were very hard for me. I was pretty sick and in and out of the health center. And everyone knows how annoying blackflies have been. Forgot to mention the terrible allergies. I did everything I hoped to do my first week on senior project. Greg has been a great help and has encouraged me to spend more time on my boat. Being on campus during senior project, it’s very weird. I can barely see my friends and having a car on campus is like having a Nerf Gun that your parents never let you use. Tennis has been an easy little getaway in the evenings. And going to the matches are fun too. And I made a hypothesis at the beginning of senior project. Senior project is going to be harder than my solo on Mountain Classroom. A Solo is 3 1/2 days all by yourself in the woods without any human interaction. That was a piece of cake compared to 2 1/2 weeks of not seeing my friends every day. Working on my boat can get pretty boring but I do a few things to keep me sane.

  1. Sing my heart out.
  2. Fulfill my pizza chef addiction
  3. Scraping my boat

Every time I enter the boat building shop I have a musical at the ready. I start with the opening number and sing my way all the way to the finale. I try not to annoy the other professional boat builders, but my talent can get away from me. 

After my singing gig (which someone should’ve tipped me by now), I have a habit of running to Pizza Chef at 11 to be their first customer! Most of the time I am successful, except for when the health center ladies beat me to it! 

Scraping my boat can be the most satisfying occurrence of the week for me. I plug in the heat gun, turn it on to the low setting and find the ideal scraper for the fillets. Once the epoxy starts to warm, the scraping becomes so smooth and effortless. This first week has been a great success and I can’t wait to finish sanding and start epoxying and painting my entire boat!!!!! 

Please feel free to stop in anytime to check on my progress.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boat Building Day 2

SEAT DAY #2